Russell Crowe to play novelist in film
Los Angeles: Actor Russell Crowe will play a novelist in forthcoming movie ‘Fathers and Daughters’. The film`s director found him truly suitable for the role.
The 49-year-old`s character is a mentally challenged man, who struggles to raise his five-year-old daughter in New York, reports contactmusic.com.
"This is a performance-driven movie, and therefore I couldn`t ask for a better actor than Russell to deliver this intensely emotional drama,” said director Gabriele Muccino.
"It`s edgy, heart-wrenching, and uplifting at the same time. To me, it feels like a classic American movie that recalls the great character dramas of the 1970s,” he added.
The role of the daughter has not yet been cast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!