Russell Crowe to play novelist in film
Los Angeles: Actor Russell Crowe will play a novelist in forthcoming movie ‘Fathers and Daughters’. The film`s director found him truly suitable for the role.
The 49-year-old`s character is a mentally challenged man, who struggles to raise his five-year-old daughter in New York, reports contactmusic.com.
"This is a performance-driven movie, and therefore I couldn`t ask for a better actor than Russell to deliver this intensely emotional drama,” said director Gabriele Muccino.
"It`s edgy, heart-wrenching, and uplifting at the same time. To me, it feels like a classic American movie that recalls the great character dramas of the 1970s,” he added.
The role of the daughter has not yet been cast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vinay Pathak learnt art of weaving for 'Gour Hari Dastaan'
- Pulkit Samrat to be seen in Ajay Devgn starrer 'Baadshaho'
- Watch: Ferocious international fighters against Akshay, Sidharth
- Julie Andrews to direct 'My Fair Lady' production at Sydney
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif to wear prosthetics for their next film