Ryan Gosling turned down `Fifty Shades of Grey`?
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Ryan Gosling, actress Shailene Woodley and actor Garrett Hedlund reportedly turned down the offer to star in the film adaptation of EL James` novel `Fifty Shades of Grey`.
The 32-year-old `Blue Valentine` star reportedly turned down the role of Christian Grey in the movie due to a lack of interest, while `Tron: Legacy` actor Hedlund bowed out for he "couldn`t connect with the character", said The Hollywood Reporter.
For the role of Anastasia Steele, Woodley is said to have been interested but ultimately declined due to promotional duties for her new movie `Divergent`.
Many other celebrities were approached for the role which includes Alicia Vikander, Imogen Poots and Elizabeth Olsen among others.
Finally `Pacific Rim` actor Charlie Hunnam and actress Dakota Johnson were chosen as the lead of the much anticipated movie adaptation.
The film directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson will release next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Tubelight: First pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's shoot are here
- Akshay Kumar, Subhash Kapoor's candid camaraderie on 'Jolly LLB 2' sets is too much fun – Watch
- 'Dangal' Box Office report: Aamir Khan starrer crosses Rs 100 crore mark in Mumbai