Sahilene Woodley in talks to star in `The Fault in Our Stars`
Los Angeles: `The Descendants` star Sahilene Woodley is in talks to star in `The Fault in Our Stars`, an adaptation of John Green`s acclaimed novel.
Woodley`s involvement had been rumoured since mid-February when tweets by Green connected both Woodley and Josh Boone, the film`s director, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The film`s story revolves around Hazel Lancaster, a teenage girl with terminal cancer who falls for a boy in her support group. The two form a bond as they deal with their illnesses.
"During our exhaustive search to find Hazel Grace Lancaster, I saw some stunning auditions by today`s finest young actresses. Over 250 girls read for the part, but it wasn`t until Shailene stepped in front of the camera that I truly saw Hazel for the first time. It was like lightning striking," said Boone in a statement.
Woodley starred as George Clooney`s rebellious teen daughter in 2011 film `The Descendants`.
She also has a small role in `The Amazing Spider-Man 2`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays