Sahilene Woodley in talks to star in `The Fault in Our Stars`
Los Angeles: `The Descendants` star Sahilene Woodley is in talks to star in `The Fault in Our Stars`, an adaptation of John Green`s acclaimed novel.
Woodley`s involvement had been rumoured since mid-February when tweets by Green connected both Woodley and Josh Boone, the film`s director, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The film`s story revolves around Hazel Lancaster, a teenage girl with terminal cancer who falls for a boy in her support group. The two form a bond as they deal with their illnesses.
"During our exhaustive search to find Hazel Grace Lancaster, I saw some stunning auditions by today`s finest young actresses. Over 250 girls read for the part, but it wasn`t until Shailene stepped in front of the camera that I truly saw Hazel for the first time. It was like lightning striking," said Boone in a statement.
Woodley starred as George Clooney`s rebellious teen daughter in 2011 film `The Descendants`.
She also has a small role in `The Amazing Spider-Man 2`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte
- Sushmita Sen's younger daughter Alisah turns 7! Birthday videos inside
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- Salman Khan parties with his 'Dabangg 3' heroines? Scoop inside
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside