Sam Mendes may `helm 2nd Bond flick`
London: Director Sam Mendes could return for a second James Bond film following the Box Office success of ‘Skyfall,’ it has been revealed.
According to the regular screenwriters of the series, the 47-year-old Oscar-winning director is working on a follow-up to ‘Skyfall.’
Scriptwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have worked on five instalments of the franchise, also revealed that they are quitting the super successful series.
“We’re very happy to have done five Bond movies, I think we’ve gotten it to a good place,” the Telegraph quoted Wade as saying at the fourth Doha Tribeca Film Festival.
“I know that John Logan (screenwriter) and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time,” he said.
Wade’s scriptwriting partner Purvis said, “We were going to stop with Quantum of Solace but it’s good to go out on a high with Skyfall.”
‘Skyfall’ is the most financially successful Bond film, superseding 2006’s Casino Royale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!