Sam Worthington in `The Keeping Room`
Los Angeles: `Avatar` star Sam Worthington is all set to star in Civil War drama `The Keeping Room`.
The other actors in the film include Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld and Nicole Beharie. The film will be directed by Daniel Barber from a script by Julia Hart, the Deadline reported.
Set in the dying days of the Civil War, Worthington plays a soldier who has broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army and encounters women who have been left to fend for themselves.
The shooting of the film is scheduled to begin in June. Worthington recently worked in `Ten` with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mireille Enos. He is also returning for the sequel of `Avatar`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification