Sam Worthington in `The Keeping Room`
Los Angeles: `Avatar` star Sam Worthington is all set to star in Civil War drama `The Keeping Room`.
The other actors in the film include Brit Marling, Hailee Steinfeld and Nicole Beharie. The film will be directed by Daniel Barber from a script by Julia Hart, the Deadline reported.
Set in the dying days of the Civil War, Worthington plays a soldier who has broken off from the fast-approaching Union Army and encounters women who have been left to fend for themselves.
The shooting of the film is scheduled to begin in June. Worthington recently worked in `Ten` with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mireille Enos. He is also returning for the sequel of `Avatar`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan