Samuel L Jackson in `Cell`
Los Angeles: Actor Samuel L Jackson is all set to join John Cusack in apocalyptic thriller "Cell", which is based on the novel by Stephen King.
`The Cell` is being directed by Tod Williams with makers eyeing a January production, reported Variety.
Published in 2006, the story follows a New England artist struggling to reunite with his son after a mysterious signal broadcast over the global cell phone network turns humans into mindless vicious animals.
Jackson, who was last seen in Quentin Tarantino`s `Django Unchained`, will play Tom McCourt, an engineer and former soldier who escapes from Boston along with Cusack`s character, Clay Riddell.
King collaborated with Adam Alleca on the screenplay of the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday
- Donald Trump was really rude: Miss Universe Alicia
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!