Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy to star in cop comedy
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are teaming up for a "buddy cop" movie.
The untitled comedy will be directed by Paul Feig of ‘Bridesmaids’ fame and will be penned by ‘Parks and Recreation’ staff writer Katie Dippold, reported Access Hollywood.
The film will follow the tense working relationship between a high-strung FBI agent (Bullock) and an unconventional Boston cop (McCarthy) who work together to bring down a Russian mobster.
The cop comedy isn`t the only project on McCarthy`s list. The Oscar-nominated actress is heading into her third season on CBS` ‘Mike and Molly’ and has just wrapped production on Judd Apatow`s ‘This is 40’.
She is currently filming Seth Gordon`s ‘Identity Thief’ alongside Jason Bateman and Jon Favreau.
Bullock was last seen on the big screen in ‘Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close’ with Tom Hanks, and recently wrapped upcoming sci-fi thriller ‘Gravity’ with George Clooney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight on flight: Did Kapil Sharma slap, hit Sunil Grover with a shoe?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!