Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy to star in cop comedy
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are teaming up for a "buddy cop" movie.
The untitled comedy will be directed by Paul Feig of ‘Bridesmaids’ fame and will be penned by ‘Parks and Recreation’ staff writer Katie Dippold, reported Access Hollywood.
The film will follow the tense working relationship between a high-strung FBI agent (Bullock) and an unconventional Boston cop (McCarthy) who work together to bring down a Russian mobster.
The cop comedy isn`t the only project on McCarthy`s list. The Oscar-nominated actress is heading into her third season on CBS` ‘Mike and Molly’ and has just wrapped production on Judd Apatow`s ‘This is 40’.
She is currently filming Seth Gordon`s ‘Identity Thief’ alongside Jason Bateman and Jon Favreau.
Bullock was last seen on the big screen in ‘Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close’ with Tom Hanks, and recently wrapped upcoming sci-fi thriller ‘Gravity’ with George Clooney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!