Sandra Bullock starrer `Miss Congeniality` was based on me: Ellen
Los Angeles: Chat show host Ellen DeGeneres says Bullock starrer `Miss Congeniality` was based on her.
DeGeneres, 56, said when the movie`s writer spotted her training for an Emmy hosting gig, it inspired him as he thought it was brilliant, reported a leading magazine.
"`Miss Congeniality` was written based on me. When I was getting ready to co-host the Emmys, the writer saw me (on TV) learning how to walk in a dress and heels," DeGeneres said.
"My stylist at the time - a man - was teaching me, and it was hilarious. The `Miss Congeniality` writer saw it and thought it was brilliant," she added.
The comedienne said she got a part in 1999 comedy `EdTV` beating out Jennifer Aniston, who was also vying for the role.
"Jen Aniston is my friend and she recently reminded me that I beat her out of that. I got the part and Jen Aniston didn`t!, " she said.
DeGeneres is currently gearing up to host the Academy Awards for the second time on March 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Aamir Khan refused to do 'Josh', says Mansoor Khan
- Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor to continue 'kissing spree' as CBFC gives U/A certificate to new 'Befikre' trailer!
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay', says Ajay Devgn
- After 'ADHM', Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' and 'Dear Zindagi' get green signal from MNS