Scott Cooper to replace Ben Affleck for `The Stand`
Los Angeles:`Crazy Heart` helmer Scott Cooper is replacing Ben Affleck for the movie adaptation of Stephen King`s `The Stand`.
Cooper is in talks to rewrite and direct The Stand`.
`Argo` actor-director has been forced to exit from the movie due to a busy schedule that includes his newly announced role of Batman in Zack Snyder`s `Man of Steel` follow-up for Warner Bros.
Cooper recently wrapped up Christian Bale starrer `Out of Furnace`, which releases this December.
Published in 1978, King post-apocalyptic novel takes place after a virus has killed most of the American population. The epic novel chronicles the battle between good and evil as it concerns dozens of survivors.
Cooper, whose `Crazy Heart` helped Jeff Bridges bag the Best Actor Oscar, is also working on "Creek" for Leonardo DiCaprio`s Appian Way banner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!