Search for young lad to play Elton John starts
London: Sir Elton John and his partner David Furnish are hunting for an aspiring young actor who could play the role of the singer and confidently play the piano like the glitzy musician in the biopic called `Rocketman`.
The producers behind the upcoming flick, which will chart the highs and lows of the 66-yaer-old singer`s glittering career and pre-fame days when he was just Reg Dwight, want applications from musicians between the ages of six and 10, the Daily Express reported.
The casting notice reads that Reggie is a shy boy from Pinner, London, whose life is transformed when he is first put in front of the piano as a five year old.
It further says that his immense talent leads him to the Royal Academy of Music and later, as he pushes his awkward, insecure, younger self to one side, to a desire to be a rock `n` roll legend as he renames himself Elton John.
The brief for the film states that the film is a fantasy inspired retelling of Elton`s story where reality is skewed by excess world and choreographed musical sequences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court frames rape charges against 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui
- Happy with 'Phantom' response, says Saif Ali Khan
- Anil Kapoor credits late Feroz Khan for his success
- Shruti Hassan clears air on her kissing scene in 'Welcome Back'
- Melissa Rivers scattered some of Joan's ashes in Wyoming