Selena Gomez to star alongside Ethan Hawke in `Getaway`
Los Angeles: Pop star-actress Selena Gomez has been cast opposite Ethan Hawke in `Getaway` in a fast-paced role.
The 20-year-old star recently stepped away from her acting career to establish herself as a singer, but after cracking the music industry, she now feels ready to try her luck in a more mature film, which will see her in charge of a killer gun, reported E! online.
The action thriller follows a former racing-car driver (Hawke) as he attempts to save his kidnapped wife, but as he races against the clock to find his lover, he runs into Gomez.
Once she joins him on the quest to find the kidnapper, her life hangs in the balance when the dangerous man encourages the racer to kill her.
Gomez has decided to take an extended break from music after her `Stars Dance` world tour this summer in order to concentrate on her film career, which took off last year thanks to her role in `Spring Breakers`.
Asked whether she had plans to stop singing, she said, "Yeah, probably for a while, I want to get more into film. I`m open to trying new things. I just did an action movie and a dark comedy and then a drama so I`ve been able to do really fun projects that are different."
`Getaway` will be released in cinemas on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor goes black and white for 'Mubarakan'!
- Huma Qureshi makes smashing international debut with 'The Viceroy's House'!
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' enters Rs 100 cr club; makers CONFIRM 'Jolly LLB 3'!
- Vishal Bhardwaj a big fan of ‘Omkara’ lady Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Sushant Singh Rajput gears up for 'Chandamama Door Ke' – Here’s how