Selena Gomez to star in `Rudderless`
London: Singer-actress Selena Gomez will star in William H Macy`s directorial debut, ‘Rudderless’, a film about a man who forms a band and sings songs written by his deceased son.
The 20-year-old has signed on to star in the movie along with `Star Trek` actor Anton Yelchin, `The Matrix` star Laurence Fishburne and Billy Crudup, reported Deadline.
The musical drama is about a man who creates a band in honour of his deceased son after discovering songs written by him.
‘Fargo’ actor Macy, who is currently starring on the US TV remake of `Shameless`, will also star in the film alongside his wife, `Desperate Housewives` actress Felicity Huffman.
The actor-turned-director co-wrote the film`s script with Casey Twenter and Jeff Robison. It is due to begin filming in Oklahoma in April.
Gomez can currently be seen in the risque drama `Spring Breakers` along with Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and James Franco.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!