Selena Gomez to star in `Rudderless`
London: Singer-actress Selena Gomez will star in William H Macy`s directorial debut, ‘Rudderless’, a film about a man who forms a band and sings songs written by his deceased son.
The 20-year-old has signed on to star in the movie along with `Star Trek` actor Anton Yelchin, `The Matrix` star Laurence Fishburne and Billy Crudup, reported Deadline.
The musical drama is about a man who creates a band in honour of his deceased son after discovering songs written by him.
‘Fargo’ actor Macy, who is currently starring on the US TV remake of `Shameless`, will also star in the film alongside his wife, `Desperate Housewives` actress Felicity Huffman.
The actor-turned-director co-wrote the film`s script with Casey Twenter and Jeff Robison. It is due to begin filming in Oklahoma in April.
Gomez can currently be seen in the risque drama `Spring Breakers` along with Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and James Franco.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic