Spanish movie nominated for Mexican film award
Madrid: The big winner in Spain`s Goya film awards, ‘Blancanieves’, has been nominated for Mexico`s Ariel prize in the category of best Ibero-American picture.
Pablo Berger`s silent, black-and-white version of the Snow White tale features Mexican actor Daniel Gimenez Cacho in the leading role and is scheduled to open in Mexico June 21.
‘Blancanieves’ will vie with Chile`s "No" and the Ecuadorian feature ‘Pescador’ for the Ariel for best Ibero-American film.
Last year`s award went to Spain`s ‘Pa negre’, the fifth Spanish film to snag the Ariel.
Winners of the 55th edition of the Ariel prizes will be announced at a May 28 gala in Mexico City.
Director Luis Mandoki`s ‘La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas’ leads the nominations for the Ariel - Mexico`s equivalent of the Oscar - with 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH