Spanish movie nominated for Mexican film award
Madrid: The big winner in Spain`s Goya film awards, ‘Blancanieves’, has been nominated for Mexico`s Ariel prize in the category of best Ibero-American picture.
Pablo Berger`s silent, black-and-white version of the Snow White tale features Mexican actor Daniel Gimenez Cacho in the leading role and is scheduled to open in Mexico June 21.
‘Blancanieves’ will vie with Chile`s "No" and the Ecuadorian feature ‘Pescador’ for the Ariel for best Ibero-American film.
Last year`s award went to Spain`s ‘Pa negre’, the fifth Spanish film to snag the Ariel.
Winners of the 55th edition of the Ariel prizes will be announced at a May 28 gala in Mexico City.
Director Luis Mandoki`s ‘La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas’ leads the nominations for the Ariel - Mexico`s equivalent of the Oscar - with 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Brooklyn' named best British movie at BAFTA film awards
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!