Spanish movie nominated for Mexican film award
Madrid: The big winner in Spain`s Goya film awards, ‘Blancanieves’, has been nominated for Mexico`s Ariel prize in the category of best Ibero-American picture.
Pablo Berger`s silent, black-and-white version of the Snow White tale features Mexican actor Daniel Gimenez Cacho in the leading role and is scheduled to open in Mexico June 21.
‘Blancanieves’ will vie with Chile`s "No" and the Ecuadorian feature ‘Pescador’ for the Ariel for best Ibero-American film.
Last year`s award went to Spain`s ‘Pa negre’, the fifth Spanish film to snag the Ariel.
Winners of the 55th edition of the Ariel prizes will be announced at a May 28 gala in Mexico City.
Director Luis Mandoki`s ‘La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas’ leads the nominations for the Ariel - Mexico`s equivalent of the Oscar - with 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- Ajay Devgn announces release date of ‘Baadshaho’
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' new still OUT, trailer set for Dec 19 release!
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Baywatch' TEASER is here and you must WATCH it!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities