Spanish movie nominated for Mexican film award
Madrid: The big winner in Spain`s Goya film awards, ‘Blancanieves’, has been nominated for Mexico`s Ariel prize in the category of best Ibero-American picture.
Pablo Berger`s silent, black-and-white version of the Snow White tale features Mexican actor Daniel Gimenez Cacho in the leading role and is scheduled to open in Mexico June 21.
‘Blancanieves’ will vie with Chile`s "No" and the Ecuadorian feature ‘Pescador’ for the Ariel for best Ibero-American film.
Last year`s award went to Spain`s ‘Pa negre’, the fifth Spanish film to snag the Ariel.
Winners of the 55th edition of the Ariel prizes will be announced at a May 28 gala in Mexico City.
Director Luis Mandoki`s ‘La vida precoz y breve de Sabina Rivas’ leads the nominations for the Ariel - Mexico`s equivalent of the Oscar - with 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Suriya's friendly gesture for actor Rahman
- 'Fukrey 2' put on hold, says director
- Katy Perry to release new album by 2016
- Newlywed Geri Halliwell adopts husband Christian Horner's name
- Sam Smith using an app to speak after surgery
- Sexually abused women often take surgery too far: Jane Fonda
- Dwayne Johnson officiates fans wedding
- Cobie Smulders stars in 'Unexpected' trailer
- New mothers under too much of pressure: Kimberly Wyatt
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- 'Cooties' trailer unveiled
- Ben Affleck skips Oscars, attends Vanity Fair Oscar Party with wife
- Liza Minnelli `not upset` by Ellen DeGeneres`s hurtful Oscars gag
- John Travolta sorry about his Idina Menzel flub at Oscars
- Cate Blanchett almost missed Oscar due to bar trip with Julia Roberts
- Jared Leto says he damaged his Oscar trophy
- George Clooney skips Oscars for vacation
- I have not even slept since winning Oscar: Lupita Nyong`o
- Julia Roberts cries during Bette Middler`s `emotional` performance at Oscars after party
- 43 million viewers tuned in for Oscar ceremony
- Gold glimmers at Oscar red carpet this year
- DiCaprio`s Oscar loss garners mixed reaction online
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door