Stallone had a hard time directing `Expendables`
London: Action superstar Sylvester Stallone had a hard time directing `The Expendables` as he had to persuade his co-stars to get out of their comfort zones.
The 64-year-old actor and filmmaker, who appears in the action blockbuster alongside Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Arnold Schwarzenegger, admits it was tough trying to convince his cast to try new things on set, a news website reported.
"Was it tough? Yes. You get these strong men who have a certain way of doing things on a film, and you have to get them to give that up. Like Jason in this film is totally different than in anything he`s ever done. Dolph Lundgren is totally different," said Stallone.
Despite his difficulties, the `Rocky` star was thrilled to be able to get so many action legends involved in the project.
"The thing was to find certain personalities and put them all together like a dream team. I wanted to do a film a bit like `the Magnificent Seven` or `The Dirty Dozen`. One of those that only comes along once in a while," said the actor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here