Steven Spielberg won`t make a fifth `Indiana Jones`

Last Updated: Dec 15, 2011, 09:45 AM IST

London: Director Steven Spielberg says he will not make further `Indiana Jones` movies just to prove a point but would work on the series if a good story comes along.

The 64-year-old, who has directed all four of the previous installments in the franchise, said he does know many people did not enjoy the last movie `Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull`, but would not work on further films just so he could win them over, reported The Sun.

"I would not make a fifth movie to prove any point. If we get a good story, I`ll make it. If George Lucas doesn`t think we should make any more, I`ll listen to him. I think audiences think we`re two for two. They love `Raiders`. They love `Last Crusade`. They don`t love as much `Temple of Doom` or `Crystal Skull`," Spielberg said.

Harrison Ford, who has played the titular character in all the previous movies, has previously said he would like to have another go at making a decent follow-up.

"I wouldn`t mind another shot at Indiana Jones. I still think we have a chance of making a really good one."

PTI