Sylvester Stallone set to star in `Rocky` spinoff `Creed`
Washington: MGM studios have teamed up `Fruitvale Station` duo Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan with Sylvester Stallone for their next venture, `Rocky` spinoff `Creed.`
The studio is talking to Coogler to helm the project, while trying to get Michael B. Jordan to play Apollo Creed`s grandson in a continuation of the Rocky saga that Coogler will write with Aaron Covington, Deadline reported.
Sylvester Stallone will be reprising Rocky Balboa as a retired fighter-turned-trainer.
The new movie will have Jordan playing Apollo Creed`s grandson, who has been raised in an upper-crust home because of the riches earned by his grandfather.
The grandson doesn`t have to box and his family doesn`t want him to but he has the natural instinct and gifts that made Apollo the heavyweight champion until Rocky Balboa took his crown in 1979`s ` Rocky II.`
Creed `s grandson is in need of a mentor and turns to Balboa, who has retired from boxing completely and is not eager to make a return to the ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!