Sylvester Stallone was reluctant to star in `Grudge Match`
Los Angeles: Action star Sylvester Stallone, known for his iconic `Rocky` films, was initially reluctant to act in `Grudge Match`.
It was his co-star Robert De Niro, who convinced him to take up the film, reports contactmusic.com.
"I was being precious about `Rocky`. I was very happy with the way it ended. But Bobby (Robert De Niro) just kept hammering away. Finally, he made sense.
"I talked to my wife and said, `Maybe it would be interesting to take the good baggage and pit it against another iconic character because it`ll never happen again`," Empire magazine quoted Stallone as saying.
Directed by Peter Segal, "Grudge Match" is a sports comedy, in which the veteran actors play boxing rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan
- 'Sultan' Box Office collections: Rs 300 cr does not seem far for Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma starrer
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu
- Directors don't see me in different roles: Irrfan Khan
- Was Katrina Kaif REALLY offered Salman Khan starrer 'Tubelight'? Scoop inside