Tarantino preparing less bloody version of `Django Unchained`
Los Angeles: `Django Unchained` will open in China with a slightly muted version of the film`s original bloodshed, according to the film`s mainland Chinese distributors.
Zhang Miao, director of Sony Pictures` Chinese branch, said director Tarantino has "agreed on making slight adjustments to the film for different markets, and this adjustment for him is progress rather than a compromise", said the Hollywood Reporter.
"What we call bloodshed and violence is just a means of serving the purpose of the film, and these slight adjustments will not affect the basic quality of the film such as tuning the blood to a darker colour, or lowering the height of the splatter of blood," Zhang said.
"Quentin knew how to adjust that, and it`s necessary that he is the one to do it. You can give him suggestions, but it must be him who does (the tuning)," he added.
‘Django Unchained’ will be the first time a Tarantino film is released commercially in mainland Chinese cinemas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder