Thought of James Bond 24 made me physically ill, says Sam Mendes
London: Director Sam Mendes has said that the idea of the 24th James Bond film makes him "physically ill".
The ‘Skyfall’ director explained his strong feelings against returning for the film`s follow-up, reported Digital Spy.
"Was I willing to go back into a room with a writer and start work on the same set of characters and the same scenarios as I`ve been working on for the last three years? The idea made me physically ill," he said.
When asked how he dealt with disappointed fans of the James Bond franchise, he said, "I say to them, my life is not a democracy. It`s not up for discussion. What? Maybe I should go to one of the Bond chat threads and change my mind? I don`t think that`s going to happen."
Producer Barbara Broccoli has said that sooner or later they will get the director back to the franchise.
Mendes has previously said that the decision to turn down the 24th James Bond film was "very difficult".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays