Thought of James Bond 24 made me physically ill, says Sam Mendes
London: Director Sam Mendes has said that the idea of the 24th James Bond film makes him "physically ill".
The ‘Skyfall’ director explained his strong feelings against returning for the film`s follow-up, reported Digital Spy.
"Was I willing to go back into a room with a writer and start work on the same set of characters and the same scenarios as I`ve been working on for the last three years? The idea made me physically ill," he said.
When asked how he dealt with disappointed fans of the James Bond franchise, he said, "I say to them, my life is not a democracy. It`s not up for discussion. What? Maybe I should go to one of the Bond chat threads and change my mind? I don`t think that`s going to happen."
Producer Barbara Broccoli has said that sooner or later they will get the director back to the franchise.
Mendes has previously said that the decision to turn down the 24th James Bond film was "very difficult".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui will play THIS in his flick!
- Ajay Devgn announces release date of ‘Baadshaho’
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' new still OUT, trailer set for Dec 19 release!
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Baywatch' TEASER is here and you must WATCH it!
- Shah Rukh Khan says stardom has overtaken his acting capabilities