Thumbs up for `Killer Toon` at Mumbai Film Fest
Mumbai: Korean horror-thriller `Killer Toon`, which was screened here Monday, managed to impress audiences with its novel combination of live action, animation and scare. They tagged it as "unique".
It was one of the highly anticipated films at the ongoing Mumbai Film Festival.
Playing in a 278-seater at Metro cinemas, the film only managed to get 50 percent occupancy but turned out to be surprisingly good and equally frightening, said one of the viewers who had skipped college to attend the screening.
"I think the best part of the film was the idea to merge graphic and web comic with live feature. I haven`t seen something like this before and it was quite an intelligent attempt that eventually paid off. Most Korean horror flicks end up being hilarious but this one was good and also managed to scare," Sahil Acharya said.
The film revolves around a web-comic artist who becomes the prime suspect in a series of murders which are mirror images of her latest work.
`Killer Toon` is directed by Yong-gyun Kim, known for films such as `The Red Shoes` and `The Sword with No Name`.
Another viewer, who enjoyed the film equally, said the low turnout could have been because of Monday being a week day.
"It was one of the smartest horror flicks I have seen in recent times. Since today happens to be a Monday, people didn`t show up. I think they should have ideally played it in the evening so that more people could watch it," said Roshni Chopra, a B.Com graduate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- My dad found my sexuality a challenge: Ellen DeGeneres
- Easy tips to keep rugs, carpets clean
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here