Tom Cruise bows out of from `Man from UNCLE`
Los Angeles: Superstar Tom Cruise has walked out of `Man from UNCLE` because he wants to focus on his blockbuster franchise `Mission: Impossible V`.
`Man from UNCLE` is to be directed by Guy Ritchie, a movie adaptation of the same-titled classic series starring David McCallum and Robert Vaughn, reported Ace Showbiz.
According to reports, Cruise has bowed out of the Warner Bros production to focus on `Mission: Impossible V`. In the action-packed film, the 50-year-old actor will not only reprise his iconic role as IMF agent Ethan Hunt, but also serve as a co-producer alongside `Star Trek Into Darkness` director JJ Abrams.
`The Lone Ranger` actor Armie Hammer is still attached to co-star the remake of the 1960s TV show. Alicia Vikander, meanwhile, is in talks to join `Hammer`.
The film has once again lost its leading man. George Clooney had initially been tapped to take on the lead role.
Channing Tatum, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender were once considered for the vacant role, which was eventually won by Cruise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Jacqueline Fernandez at the launch of two Aéropostale stores in Mumbai! Pic inside
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder