Tom Cruise set for `Mission: Impossible 5`
Los Angeles: Superstar Tom Cruise has officially signed on to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in `Mission: Impossible 5` and Christopher McQuarrie may direct the film.
The 50-year-old is officially set for fifth instalment of the action franchise after inking a deal with Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions, reported Deadline.
Cruise could re-team with Christopher McQuarrie - who directed him in last year`s `Jack Reacher` - on the project.
The new film would follow 2011`s hit blockbuster `Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol` which was well received by critics and earned nearly USD 700 million worldwide.
That film was directed by Brad Bird and saw `Avengers` star Jeremy Renner join the franchise while Simon Pegg reprised his role as technician Benji Dunn.
Meanwhile, Paramount and Skydance are also reportedly mulling a sequel to action flick `Jack Reacher`, which grossed over USD 200 million.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Watch: Varun, Kriti's party anthem 'Manma Emotion Jaage' from 'Dilwale'
- Tamasha movie review: It's all about Ranbir, Deepika's painful yet ecstatic journey
- 'Dilwale' has a lot of twists, turns, says Varun Dhawan