Tom Hardy to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond?
London: `The Dark Knight Rises` villain Tom Hardy is reportedly being lined up as Daniel Craig`s successor once the actor steps down from his role as big screen spy `James Bond`.
The 36-year-old actor is at the top of the list to take over from the `Skyfall` star once his time as the fictional British spy comes to an end after his next two films, reported Daily Express.
"Although Craig is signed up for the next two Bond films the search for his replacement is already on. Tom is right at the top of the wish list. He`s been approached to gauge his interest and he`s keen," a source said.
Hardy has been described as `perfect Bond material` and he comes with a great reputation.
"He is a respected actor with a great catalogue of films but most importantly he`s the type of guy that all men want to be like and all women want to be with. He`s perfect Bond material," the source added.
Hardy has previously expressed a keen interest to play the big screen secret agent, and the saga`s bosses are determined to make the right decision by casting the right man in the iconic role.
"The Bond franchise is getting more popular than ever. Getting the next Bond right is crucial to guarantee continued success and Hardy is seen as the man to do that," the source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?