‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn 2’ wins worst picture award at Razzies
Washington: `The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2` has picked up the worst picture award at the Golden Raspberry Awards - an Academy Awards spoof that hands out prizes for Hollywood`s lousiest movies on the eve of the Oscars - on Saturday.
The finale to the blockbuster `Twilight` saga swept the Razzies with seven awards, including worst actress for Kristen Stewart, supporting actor for Taylor Lautner, director for Bill Condon and worst screen couple for Lautner and child co-star Mackenzie Foy, Fox News reported.
Adam Sandler was named worst actor for his raunchy comedy `That`s My Boy,` which was his second-straight win after 2011`s `Jack and Jill,` which swept all 10 Razzie categories a year ago.
Rihanna won worst supporting actress for the action dud `Battleship.`
The supernatural series had been well represented in Razzie nominations over the years but had not won any key awards there.
The `Twilight` finale also won for worst screen ensemble and worst remake, rip-off or sequel.
Stewart`s worst-actress prize came for both ` Twilight` and her movie `Snow White and the Huntsman.
Sandler`s `That`s My Boy, won the worst-screenplay Razzie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!