Viggo Mortensen calls `Lord of the Rings` trilogy sloppy
London: Actor Viggo Mortensen, who became an instant star after taking on the role of Aragon in `Lord of Rings` trilogy, has labelled the filming of the series sloppy.
The 55-year-old actor described the process of making the Peter Jackso-directed film as more or less complete chaos, reportedly.
"They were in a lot of trouble, and Peter had spent a lot. Officially, he could say that he was finished in December 2000 - he`d shot all three films in the trilogy - but really the second and third ones were a mess. It was very sloppy - it just wasn`t done at all," Mortensen said.
"It needed massive re shoots, which we did, year after year. But he would have never been given the extra money to do those if the first one hadn`t been a huge success. The second and third ones would have been straight to video."
Mortensen said that `The Fellowship of the Ring` was the best film out of the three because it was shot in one go. "It was very confusing, we were going at such a pace, and they had so many units shooting, it was really insane. But it`s true that the first script was better organised," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!