Want to do justice to Princess Diana role: Naomi Watts
London: Actress Naomi Watts wants to do the justice to the character of late Princess Diana in a new biopic `Diana` about the royal`s life.
The 44-year-old blonde actress portrays the royal, who died in a Paris car crash in August 1997, in forthcoming movie `Diana` and she says it was important she told her story in a truthful way, reported Showbiz spy.
"It`s very difficult to play someone who had such a deep impact and left such a lasting memory on the public. Our memory of her is still very fresh and you have to be respectful of that. It`s also more complicated and sensitive when you take into account her two sons. But I want to do her justice and tell her story truthfully," she said.
Although Watts is expecting to get criticised for her portrayal of the much-loved princess, she says it was a role she could not turn down.
"There`s a side that`s terrified that my portrayal might not please the public which still has such vivid memories of her. But it`s the kind of challenge I felt I couldn`t refuse. You know that people will complain that you don`t look enough like her, that you`re not tall enough, all those things."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!