Was close to playing Genghis Khan in 2007: Channing Tatum
London: `Step Up` star Channing Tatum revealed that in 2007 he was almost about to play his hero Genghis Khan in a movie.
Tatum was first considered for the lead role in `Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan` by Russian director Sergey Bodrov. The role later landed to Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano, reported ContactMusic.
"We met... At that time, he hadn`t decided he was going to use an Asian actor because Genghis Khan is rumoured to have had freckles and green eyes and red hair, because he was more from northern Mongolia. Back in the day, the Mongolians didn`t have the dark features they have today," said Tatum.
"He (Bodrov) gave me a book on him (Genghis Khan) and I`ve been obsessed with him since then," added `G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra` star.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol in 'magical' 'Dilwale' pose!
- Ketan Mehta to donate share of profits to Manjhi's village
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed