Will Smith not returning for `Independence Day` sequel?
Los Angeles: Will Smith is reportedly not returning to the sequel of his hit sci-fi film `Independence Day`.
It is rumoured that the 45-year-old actor will not be reprising his role as Captain Steven Hiller in the sequel that has been titled `ID Forever Part 1`, because of the budget issues, reported Deadline.
The director of the first film, Roland Emmerich, had penned the two scripts in advance. One features the return of Captain Hiller and the other does not.
It is believed that the movie would be made irrespective of the fact whether Smith returns or not.
Michael B Jordan is reportedly in talks to play the lead role.
The second `Independence Day` movie was initially set for July 3, 2015, but has now been moved back to July 1, 2016
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch