Winona Ryder replaces Maggie Gyllenhaal in ‘The Iceman’
Washington: Winona Ryder has replaced Maggie Gyllenhaal as the wife of notorious mafia contract killer Richard Kuklinki in ‘The Iceman’.
The ‘Black Swan’ actress will be taking on the role of Deborah Kuklinski - who was unaware that her husband Richard Kuklinki (Michael Shannon) was a notorious mafia contract killer who hid his crimes from the police by freezing his victim’s bodies to disguise the time of death, in the movie based on real incidents.
This is not the first casting change for the film as Chris Evans recently took over the role of Robert Pronge, aka Mr. Softee, from James Franco, who was originally in the project when it was announced earlier this year.
Evans’ character is mentor to hitman Richard, while Ray Liotta has replaced Benicio Del Toro as mob boss Roy Demeo.
Ariel Vromen, who had written the screenplay based on the book ‘The Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded Killer’ by Anthony Bruno with Morgan Land, will be directing it.
Kuklinski’s family, in actuality had no idea about his crimes and thought he was simply a mild-mannered businessman.
“Our film is going to be fantastic. The story is riveting, the cast perfect, and all being directed by the talents of Ariel Vromen. We are pleased to be working with Bleiberg Entertainment,” Contactmusic quoted Avi Lerner, of Nu Image/Millennium as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!