Woody Allen wants to play a romantic role
London: Director-actor Woody Allen would like to cast himself as a love interest in one of his own movies but doesn`t feel he can do that any more.
The 75-year-old finds it "tremendously frustrating" that he can no longer play a love interest, reported Contactmusic.
"I can`t play the love interest anymore, and of course, this is tremendously frustrating because that`s really what I want to play," Allen said.
The director is set to shoot a film in the Italian capital city Rome later this year, starring Penelope Cruz, Ellen Page and Jesse Eisenberg, and despite him having a small role in the project, he is irritated because he would like to play a more romantic part.
"There is a part for me in this. My wife and myself go to Rome because our daughter is going to marry an Italian boy that she met there and we`re going over there to meet him and meet his family."
However, Allen reveals it is not a "classic" romantic comedy film.
"It`s a broad comedy, not a romantic comedy, but a broad comedy of various tales interwoven. I`m in one of them. All the parts are quite significant, there are no cameos, these are all significant parts, and there just happened to be a part that I could play," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!