`About A Boy` to be turned into TV series
London: Hugh Grant starrer `About A Boy` is set to be adapted for the small screen as a new TV series.
The 2002 film, which propelled then-child star Nicholas Hoult to fame, is being developed by Friday Night Lights producer Jason Katims, reported Daily Mirror.
Based on the novel by Nick Hornby, the film chronicled the relationship between an awkward, fatherless 12-year-old boy and a lazy bachelor.
`Grey`s Anatomy` star Patrick Dempsey was originally billed to lead the cast in a planned 2003 TV project based on the film, but the idea failed to take off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rangoon: Kriti Sanon talks about Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor starrer
- Never thought was good looking enough to play romantic roles: Shah Rukh Khan
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Will Oscar 2017 go all political this year?
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha' row: Here's how Shah Rukh Khan reacted when asked about CBFC decision
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- 'Walking Dead' T-shirt called racist, pulled from stores