`Bade Acche...` love scene was subtle, not vulgar: Jeetendra
Mumbai: Yesteryear`s actor Jeetendra defends the intimate scene in ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’, which was termed too bold for small screen and raised eyebrows, saying the bedroom sequence picturised on Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar was not vulgar.
"Actually, I really liked that romance. People might have considered it too much but I found it subtle. If a husband and a wife meet after six months, then it is bound to happen. But whatever happened was subtle. There was nothing vulgar in it. I found it alright," the 69-year-old said at the Global Indian Film Television Honours.
The show is being produced by Jeetendra`s daughter, Ekta Kapoor. The episode was telecast March 12 and set tongues wagging about the sudden display of intimacy on Indian television. Ekta`s actor brother Tusshar feels certain norms need to be broken on the small screen.
"I don`t think people really like decent serials because people point fingers at decent serials as well. I think it is important to break certain norms then only people will appreciate decency. Critics are never happy and whatever people like and appreciate is within limits," said the 35-year-old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers
- Margot Robbie to host 'Saturday Night Live' season premiere
- Shot or saved? WATCH Priyanka Chopra's thrilling action sequence from 'Quantico 2'
- 'Big Bang Theory' stars top highest-paid TV actors list
- Rajat Tokas is TV industry's blue eyed boy: Ekta Kapoor