`Balika Vadhu` breaks away from stigma attached to widows
Mumbai: Popular TV series `Balika Vadhu` is all set break a stigma attached to widows by showing Surekha Sikhri aka dadisa participating in the wedding celebrations of Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee).
Anandi will tie the knot with Shiv (Siddharth Shukla) after she divorced her husband Jagdish (Shashank Vyas) and the auspicious ceremony will see dadisa and Shiv`s choti maa (aunty), who are widows, putting mehandi on the bride and groom`s hand.
I will be seen applying Mehendi on my hands and also applying it on Anandi`s hands thereby setting an example. With this, we are establishing the fact that a widow can be a part of something as auspicious as a bride`s Mehendi ceremony and there is no harm in it. I have been part of Balika Vadhu for so long and these customs will certainly be an eye opener," said Surekha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Katrina Kaif’s decision to reshoot ‘Fitoor’ scenes shortened Bigg Boss 10 contestant Jason Shah’s role in the film?
- Salman Khan’s hilarious responses to Karan Johar’s questions will stump you!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Bigg Boss 10: Gauahar Khan thanks Salman Khan for giving advice to Bani J
- Salman Khan and brothers make amazing revelations on ‘Koffee With Karan’