`Balika Vadhu` breaks away from stigma attached to widows
Mumbai: Popular TV series `Balika Vadhu` is all set break a stigma attached to widows by showing Surekha Sikhri aka dadisa participating in the wedding celebrations of Anandi (Pratyusha Banerjee).
Anandi will tie the knot with Shiv (Siddharth Shukla) after she divorced her husband Jagdish (Shashank Vyas) and the auspicious ceremony will see dadisa and Shiv`s choti maa (aunty), who are widows, putting mehandi on the bride and groom`s hand.
I will be seen applying Mehendi on my hands and also applying it on Anandi`s hands thereby setting an example. With this, we are establishing the fact that a widow can be a part of something as auspicious as a bride`s Mehendi ceremony and there is no harm in it. I have been part of Balika Vadhu for so long and these customs will certainly be an eye opener," said Surekha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Kardashian falls ill during pregnancy
- Bigg Boss- Day 50: Rimi gets evicted!
- Swaragini: Will Simar rescue Swara, Sanskar from chudail Devika’s trap?
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister