`Big Bang Theory` production on hold amid contract dispute
Los Angeles: Production on the upcoming eighth season of `The Big Bang Theory` has been postponed as contract negotiations with the five original cast members are still on.
Warner Bros TV has postponed the season 8 production of the CBS comedy as five original stars Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar are still without contracts, reportedly.
"Due to ongoing contract negotiations, production on `The Big Bang Theory`-which was originally scheduled to begin today-has been postponed," the studio says in a statement.
The production was scheduled to kick off, but Parsons, Galecki, Cuoco, Helberg and Nayyar, who have been seeking hefty pay raises, remain without new contracts.
The contract negotiations began in September last year. Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco reportedly ask for up to USD 1 million an episode from their current salary of USD 325,000 per episode, after their co-stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch inked new deals that gave them substantial salary increases.
CBS has planned to launch the new season of `Big Bang Theory` on September 22. It`s unknown if the production delay will affect the premiere date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals