`Bigg Boss` gets further reprieve till Dec 3
Mumbai: Reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’ got a further reprieve Monday after the Bombay High Court adjourned till Dec 3 hearing on its appeal against a central government order changing its telecast timings, a Colours channel spokesperson said.
The matter came up before a division bench of Justice D.K. Deshmukh and Justice N.D. Deshpande, which adjourning the hearing till Dec 3, said till then the stay on the central order would continue.
Accordingly, ‘Bigg Boss’ on Colors TV would continue to be telecast in the 9 p.m. prime time slot, the spokesperson said.
Colours last week Thursday challenged the central government order directing it to shift the telecast timing from the current 9 p.m. slot to after 11 p.m.
At its hearing last week, when a stay was granted till Monday, the judges had observed that the central government should have issued a show-cause notice before directing it to reschedule its programme telecast timings to a slot between 11 p.m.-5 a.m.
The information and broadcasting ministry last Wednesday directed Colors and Imagine TV channels to change the telecast timings of their reality shows, ‘Bigg Boss’ and ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’, to a late night slot following complaints of vulgarity.
‘Bigg Boss’ features a group of celebrity participants locked up in a house for three months without any access to the outside world, including no newspapers or television.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' success a confidence booster: Kangana
- Dubai takes Anil Kapoor's heart away
- Saif, Kareena off to Maldives for family vacation
- Farhan, 'Dil Dhadakne Do' team, to meet Milkha Singh
- 'P Se PM Tak' movie review- Long and uninspiring journey
- Pertinent to build toilets than temples or mosques: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Levine's throat problem cancels 'Maroon 5' concert
- 'Empire' season 2 returns in September
- Vin Diesel shares 'Fast and Furious 8' unofficial poster
- Film fests good for spotlight: Budding Assamese filmmaker
- Documentary on A R Rahman screened at White House
- Govt gives nod to sea plane landing in Goa waters amid protest
- Paris hotels allow guests to `pay what you want`
- Take a stylish dip: Where are the choicest pools on earth?
- Holidaying on mighty seas: Best cruises from world around
- Best of both worlds: Hong Kong`s Repulse Bay
- Slumber under the stars: 5 hotels that offer roof-less rooms
- Polish holiday: Long Baltic summer days in Poland`s `Tricity`
- Hotels are passé, book an igloo or a treehouse this time
- Montenegro offers holidays with luxury and the sea
- 35 percent couples on vacation during I-Day weekend
- Keep tummy troubles at bay during travelling
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Waiting for Jaypee to come back to me on Indian GP's return in 2016: Bernie Ecclestone
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am