`Coronation Street` boss believes soap writers better than Shakespeare
London: `A Coronation Street` boss defended using William Shakespeare`s poetry in a trailer for `Corrie` and `Emmerdale` by saying that the Bard will be lucky to land a job on their soaps.
ITV soap creative director John Whiston said that they were `arrogant` enough to use the Bard`s sonnets in their ad, as both soaps are at their peak,` the Mirror reported.
In the ad, running since Friday, some of the best-known faces from the soaps read the lines from the sonnet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?