`Coronation Street` boss believes soap writers better than Shakespeare
London: `A Coronation Street` boss defended using William Shakespeare`s poetry in a trailer for `Corrie` and `Emmerdale` by saying that the Bard will be lucky to land a job on their soaps.
ITV soap creative director John Whiston said that they were `arrogant` enough to use the Bard`s sonnets in their ad, as both soaps are at their peak,` the Mirror reported.
In the ad, running since Friday, some of the best-known faces from the soaps read the lines from the sonnet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!
- Indian Telly Awards 2015: Karan Patel, Kapil Sharma winners
- See pic: Look whose joining Salman Khan on Bigg Boss tonight!
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!