`Coronation Street` wins big at 2014 British Soap Awards
London: `Coronation Street` bagged a total of nine awards at the prestigious 2014 British Soap Awards. David Neilson and Julie Hesmondhalgh, who played Roy and Hayley Cropper in the soap opera, were awarded the Best Actor and Best Actress title respectively at the ceremony, reportedly.
In addition, they also scored Best Dramatic Performance (Neilson), Best On-Screen Partnership, Best Storyline for Hayley`s cancer and Best Single Episode for Hayley`s death.
The show`s other win included Outstanding Achievement for Helen Worth, who has played Gail McIntyre for 40 years, Best Comedy Performance for Simon Gregson, who plays Steve McDonald and Sexiest Female went to Michelle Keegan for the sixth year running.
`Hollyoaks` was crowned Best Soap at the 2014 British Soap Awards. `EastEnders` won two awards, including Best Newcomer for Maddy Hill. The actress joined the soap as Nancy Carter earlier this year. `Emmerdale` picked up one award for its storm and siege episode in the Spectacular Scene of the Year category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Want Alia Bhatt to sing in reality shows, says Varun Dhawan
- Karan Johar's 'Koffee with Karan 5': All you need to know about season finale
- Shah Rukh Khan invited to star guest on season two of 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'
- Roadies: Karan Kundrra loses his cool, slaps a contestant
- 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for two more seasons