`Desperate Housewives` star Shawn Pyfrom admits addiction to drugs, alcohol
Washington: In the aftermath of Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman `s death from an apparent drug overdose, Shawn Pyfrom of the ` Desperate Housewives` fame has come forward to admit that he is a drug addict and an alcoholic.
The 27-year-old actor wrote in an open letter that he has considered what`s at stake, for himself, by making his addiction public, but he won`t allow his selfish needs to get in the way of potentially reaching another human being`s life, People Magazine reported.
The hunky star asserted that drugs may have provided some of the most memorable, creative artists like Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain, but it also took their lives.
Pyfrom feels that even though his addictions helped him achieve the things he has now, he would have rather lived the moment he lost and seen what would have come creatively without them.
He added that he wasted the time of valuable people, who worked so hard to pull his career to a higher place, by allowing his addictions to tug him out of their grip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- Wanted to come back on TV with strong role: Mishal Raheja
- Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season two premiere
- Dance shows on TV changed Bollywood's dancing style: Remo D'Souza
- David Faustino teases 'Married... With Children' spin-off