`Doctor Who` star Karen Gillan to star in `Guardians of the Galaxy`
Los Angeles: `Doctor Who` star Karen Gillan will join Zoe Saldana and Chris Pratt in Marvel`s new movie `Guardians of the Galaxy`.
The Scottish actress, who is best known for her character Amy Pond in `Doctor Who`, has been cast as the lead female villain in the film, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Gillan, who now resides in Los Angeles, is the latest star to be added to the growing cast list for the movie, also including Glenn Close, Lee Pace, and Michael Rooker.
The 25 year-old actress is keeping herself busy with an additional part in upcoming indie supernatural horror `Oculus` alongside Katee Sackhoff.
`Guardians of the Galaxy` adapted from the popular comic books, will be a futuristic action-thriller set in space and feature ex-cons on the run in the midst of galactic warfare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals
- The Kapil Sharma Show: 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' launches TRAILER amid fun and laughter!