`Downton Abbey` named best new TV show
Los Angeles: Period drama "Downton Abbey" has been voted the best new TV show of the last 10 years.
The programme, starring Hugh Bonneville and Dame Maggie Smith, has proved an international smash since its 2010 debut, and viewers have named it the best series since 2002 in a poll run by TV service Freeview, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Comedy "The Inbetweeners", which spawned a 2011 movie, came in second place, and sleuth drama "Sherlock" is on the third place in the list.
In fourth place is reality show "The Apprentice" and Simon Cowell`s music reality show "The X Factor" rounds out the top five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Nach Baliye 8: Monalisa rehearses with husband Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Suyyash Rai – Kishwer Merchant in ‘Nach Baliye 8’? Here’s the truth
- Sonakshi Sinha to judge dance reality show 'Nach Baliye'?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Navjot Singh Sidhu's fanboy moment with Blind T20 World Cup champs
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'