`Downton Abbey` named best new TV show
Los Angeles: Period drama "Downton Abbey" has been voted the best new TV show of the last 10 years.
The programme, starring Hugh Bonneville and Dame Maggie Smith, has proved an international smash since its 2010 debut, and viewers have named it the best series since 2002 in a poll run by TV service Freeview, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Comedy "The Inbetweeners", which spawned a 2011 movie, came in second place, and sleuth drama "Sherlock" is on the third place in the list.
In fourth place is reality show "The Apprentice" and Simon Cowell`s music reality show "The X Factor" rounds out the top five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!