`Fear Files` role a tribute to army: Siddharth Vasudev
Mumbai: Actor Siddharth Vasudev dons the garb of an armyman for horror show ‘Fear Files’ and says his role is a tribute to the people who sacrifice their lives for the nation.
"In the show, I play a sardar in the army. For me, the character is like a tribute from my side to the army. They give up their lives for the nation," Siddharth said.
Talking about the story for the episode, to be aired Sunday on Zee TV, he said, "It is about an army officer in 1965. Some of them got lost in the jungle and the story revolves around what they did and what they saw."
The actor, who hails from Kashmir, says he has grown up admiring army personnel.
"They are always smiling and happy, no matter what the situation around them is. I have always appreciated this and have so much respect for them," he said.
Did Siddharth ever want to join the army himself?
"I wouldn`t say that it was my dream to be an army officer. But yes, there was one point in my life, as a child, when I wanted to become a commander," he said.
Vasudev has been a part of shows like ‘Kasamh Se’ and ‘Palampur Express’ and is known for playing characters with grey shades.
He was keen to play a good, positive character and ‘Fear Files’ has given him that chance. The show is based on real-life spooky incidents.
"I have done many negative roles and I want to do some strong positive roles as well. I am getting to do that with `Fear Files`. I know I can do a positive character as well as I can do a negative one," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Nikhil Chinapa replaces Karan Kundra on 'Roadies'
- Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt spread madness on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel to be titled ‘Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'
- Want Alia Bhatt to sing in reality shows, says Varun Dhawan
- Karan Johar's 'Koffee with Karan 5': All you need to know about season finale