`Glee` star Cory Monteith checks into rehab
Los Angeles: `Glee` actor Cory Monteith, who dealth with substance abuse in the past, has checked into rehab.
Girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele has supported Monteith`s decision to enter rehab, E! News reported.
"Cory Monteith has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction. He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery," his representative said.
Monteith opened up about his substance problems in 2011, telling Parade magazine that he was lucky to be alive. The TV star`s life went out of control after he dropped quit high school at the age of 16.
Michele, who rocks a ‘Cory’ necklace, tweeted, "Feeling so grateful today."
The team of TV musical `Glee` has also wished Monteith luck as he tries to overcome his problems.
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return," said a representative for the hit show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’