`Glee` star Cory Monteith checks into rehab
Los Angeles: `Glee` actor Cory Monteith, who dealth with substance abuse in the past, has checked into rehab.
Girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele has supported Monteith`s decision to enter rehab, E! News reported.
"Cory Monteith has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction. He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery," his representative said.
Monteith opened up about his substance problems in 2011, telling Parade magazine that he was lucky to be alive. The TV star`s life went out of control after he dropped quit high school at the age of 16.
Michele, who rocks a ‘Cory’ necklace, tweeted, "Feeling so grateful today."
The team of TV musical `Glee` has also wished Monteith luck as he tries to overcome his problems.
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return," said a representative for the hit show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar to start Divya Khosla's next in September
- Arjun Kapoor to have double role in 'Mubaraka'
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?