`Glee` star Cory Monteith checks into rehab
Los Angeles: `Glee` actor Cory Monteith, who dealth with substance abuse in the past, has checked into rehab.
Girlfriend and co-star Lea Michele has supported Monteith`s decision to enter rehab, E! News reported.
"Cory Monteith has voluntarily admitted himself into a treatment facility for substance addiction. He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery," his representative said.
Monteith opened up about his substance problems in 2011, telling Parade magazine that he was lucky to be alive. The TV star`s life went out of control after he dropped quit high school at the age of 16.
Michele, who rocks a ‘Cory’ necklace, tweeted, "Feeling so grateful today."
The team of TV musical `Glee` has also wished Monteith luck as he tries to overcome his problems.
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return," said a representative for the hit show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- 'Walking Dead' T-shirt called racist, pulled from stores