`Glee` to do away with Cory Monteith`s character
Los Angeles: TV musical comedy-drama series `Glee`, which starred the late Cory Monteith, will write off the character essayed by the actor. It will also `deal directly` with the incidents involved in his sudden death in July.
Monteith`s character Finn Hudson will be written out of the show in the third episode, which will "deal directly with the incidents involved in Cory`s passing and the drug abuse in particular," Fox`s Chairman of Entertainment, Kevin Reilly, said Thursday during a Television Critics Association panel here, reports people.com.
Reilly added that producer Ryan Murphy will also shoot a public service announcement with cast members in character, "as friends of Finn`s. They`re going to speak directly to the audience and I think they`re going to be very impactful."
Monteith was found dead July 13 in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver. He died due to an overdose of a mix of alcohol and heroin. He was 31.
`Glee` will resume production next week. Its first episode will air Sep 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?