`Glee` to do away with Cory Monteith`s character
Los Angeles: TV musical comedy-drama series `Glee`, which starred the late Cory Monteith, will write off the character essayed by the actor. It will also `deal directly` with the incidents involved in his sudden death in July.
Monteith`s character Finn Hudson will be written out of the show in the third episode, which will "deal directly with the incidents involved in Cory`s passing and the drug abuse in particular," Fox`s Chairman of Entertainment, Kevin Reilly, said Thursday during a Television Critics Association panel here, reports people.com.
Reilly added that producer Ryan Murphy will also shoot a public service announcement with cast members in character, "as friends of Finn`s. They`re going to speak directly to the audience and I think they`re going to be very impactful."
Monteith was found dead July 13 in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver. He died due to an overdose of a mix of alcohol and heroin. He was 31.
`Glee` will resume production next week. Its first episode will air Sep 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies