`Jodha Akbar` will be a change for viewers: Rajat Tokas
New Delhi: Known to be an expert in creating kitchen politics and horror shows for TV, Ekta Kapoor now walks through history. She is coming out with historical saga "Jodha Akbar” and the show`s lead actor Rajat Tokas thinks it will be a change for the better.
Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the show is likely to go on air sometime next month.
Delhi guy Rajat, who will be seen as emperor Akbar in the series, said: “Being a professional, I have read about my character Akbar, but not about the people around him as I wanted to be excited with any new advancement on the show.”
With so many daily soaps crowding the small screen, why would audience watch "Jodha Akbar"?
"The show will be a change for the audience," said Rajat and added that it is like choosing between daal-chawal and biryani as "my show is like biryani".
Talking about the preparations for the role, he said: “I`ve known for a while that I`ll play Akbar. So I have used my time to work on my physique and get into the right shape for the role”"
Rajat seems to be doing the right thing as Akbar became a soldier and a king at the age of 14.
Paridhi Sharma will play Jodha in the show that will capture the intriguing journey of the royal couple`s love for each other that had, in fact, begun with intense hatred. What started as a marriage based on political power-play evolved into something more meaningful eventually!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!
- Beyhadh written update, March 28, 2017: Maya shocks Arjun with her pregnancy news!
- Priyanka Chopra starrer 'Quantico' set for a season 3?
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of crucial evidence against Tanu
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?