`KBC 6` opener gets record-breaking 6.1 rating
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan`s magic touch and powerful campaign Sirf gyaan hi aapko aapka haq dilaata hai (Only knowledge gets you what you deserve)", has helped the opening episode of `Kaun Banega Crorepati 6` (KBC) in getting maximum eyeballs. The show, which went on air Sep 7, has registered a 6.1 television rating (TVR).
The show, which was originally telecast on Star Plus when it was launched in 2000, is being aired on Sony since 2010. This season has bagged the highest opening out of all three seasons on the channel.
While the episode aired Sep 7 received a 6.1 TVR, the episode aired on the following day earned a 5.3 TVR, according to television audience measuring agency TAM.
The show is said to have had the highest opening this year across all shows on all general entertainment channels, says Sneha Rajani, senior executive vice president and business head, SET.
"We were confident that viewers would really enjoy watching this season of `Kaun Banega Crorepati`. The numbers more than corroborate this. We are really pleased with the opening week results and there is a lot more to look forward to on the show in the days to come," Rajani said in a statement.
"Overall, we are delighted at the performance of all our shows and over the next four to five weeks we aim to further consolidate our position," she added.
Produced by Big Synergy Media Ltd, this season of KBC was launched at the weekend slot from Friday to Sunday. The opener saw a special rendition of a powerful narrative on knowledge, by Big B in his distinct baritone.
This season has already got its first crorepati in Manoj Kumar Raina from Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Rangoon: Kriti Sanon talks about Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor starrer
- Never thought was good looking enough to play romantic roles: Shah Rukh Khan
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Will Oscar 2017 go all political this year?
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- 'Walking Dead' T-shirt called racist, pulled from stores