`Main Naa Bhoolungi` sticking to reality, not aping anyone
Mumbai: The latest track in TV show `Main Naa Bhoolungi` reminds one of Rekha-starrer revenge drama `Khoon Bhari Maang`, but Aishwarya Sakhuja, who plays the protagonist in it, says such things happens in real life too and they are just trying to portray the same.
In the show, Aishwarya plays a simple girl Shikha, who falls for Sameer (Vikas Manaktala) and ends up marrying him. But Sameer, who had an ulterior motive behind marrying her, tries to kill her by pushing her off the cliff. She survives the accident, but it damages her face.
Now post a plastic surgery, she is back and wants revenge a la Rekha in `Khoon Bhari Maang`.
"I can`t even imagine that I can play this role to her (Rekha) level. Yes, comparisons have been drawn that this is just like the role portrayed by Rekha in `Khoon Bhari Maang`," Aishwarya said here on the set of the show.
"But such things happen with girls in real life - husbands burn them or throw them out and very few have the power to come back, stand for themselves and fight. This is what exactly we are trying to portray," she said and added that there`s no intention of making it like Rakesh Roshan directed 1988 hit movie.
`Main Naa Bhoolungi`, a weekly show, airs on Sony and Aishwarya says her glam avatar as Samaira is to surprise the viewers.
"The whole get-up is new and the idea is to surprise the viewers," said Aishwarya, who became famous after playing Toasty in `Saas Bina Sasural`.
"So far, the audience has seen Shikha in a different way. She was just trying and trying to get away with all the wrong that happened to her, but nothing was working out for her. So in a way Shikha is now dead and Samaira has come," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more