`Punar Vivah` new chapter to start soon
New Dehi:‘Punar Vivah’, about remarriage, will hit the channel in a new avatar soon. Neither a second season nor a leap, it will bring a new storyline with a new cast.
With a focus on remarriage, ‘Punar Vivah’ went on air last year with Gurmeet Chaudhary and Kratika Sengar playing the lead and the concept appealed to the viewers making it successful.
In the new chapter, the story will revolve around the lives of two young people and their families.
"We do not believe in stretching a plot beyond the intended span of its narrative," Ajay Bhalwankar, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd, Content Head (Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) said in a statement.
Titled ‘Punar Vivah... Ek Nayi Umeed’, the new version will once again be produced by Shashi-Sumeet.
"While the story of `Punar Vivah` with its original characters of Yash and Aarti has run its full course and comes to an end shortly, we feel that the subject of remarriage offers an extremely interesting canvas for story-telling and there are so many layers of a man-woman relationship that can be explored. Hence the new story, the new chapter," said Bhalwankar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more