`Ram Leela` is India`s Broadway-style dance drama: Remo
Mumbai: Choreographer Remo D`Souza is glad to have choreographed a Broadyway-style dance drama in the form of `Ram Leela`, a five-part TV series on the life of Lord Rama.
"I always wanted to do a Ram Leela which would be choreographed in our own Indian style (with a touch of) Broadway and that is happening now," the 38-year-old said here Friday at the launch of the programme.
Remo says it was a bit tough for him to finish everything in limited time for the show, which will be aired on Life OK.
"It was a bit tough to choreograph these acts because I had less time and a lot had to be done. There are around 20 songs. This will be a different Ram Leela with music, dance and costumes," he said.
Remo has choreographed the dance and action sequences for the show, which has actor Rajneesh Duggal playing Ram.
Actor Ajay Devgn plays the narrator of the show, which will air every Sunday 8 p.m., starting Sunday. The series will end Nov 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri Special: You simply can not afford to miss Arijit Singh's 'Maiya Teri Jai Jaikaar' – Watch
- Going for skin lightening, whitening solutions? Rethink
- Puberty can change the way how humans recognise faces
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside