`Sarabhai vs Sarabhai` won`t come back: Deven Bhojani
New Delhi: Viewers enjoyed every episode of ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai’, the funny story of a dysfunctional family, and have been waiting for its next season. But there won`t be a second edition of the comedy, says Deven Bhojani who directed it.
"`Sarabhai vs Sarabhai` was a show that was ahead of its times and that is what clicked so well with the viewers. But the show won`t come back with its second season," Deven told reporters.
"The entire cast is busy with something or the other and I don`t want to replace the characters because that will take away the charm of the show," he added.
The 2005 sitcom, which used to come on Star One, revolved around the life of a fictional Gujarati family, the Sarabhais. Actors Satish Shah, Ratna Pathak, Sumeet Raghavan, Rupali Ganguly, Rajesh Kumar and Deven played key roles in it.
Co-produced by Jamnadas Majethia and Aatish Kapadia, it had a total 70 episodes. The show bagged awards at the Indian Television Academy Awards and the Indian Telly Awards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- 'Roadies' to make journey on cars in 'MTV Roadies X4'
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?