`Satisfaction` word not in actor`s dictionary: Ssumier
Mumbai: Television actor Ssumier R. Pasricha says an actor is never satisfied as he always looks for something more in his character.
"As an actor you can never be satisfied with what you do. In serials, the story keeps changing and your track keeps coming and going... but as an actor you always wish that you get a stronger role," he told IANS.
Ssumier, currently essaying the role of Shailu in Color`s show ‘Sasural Simar Ka’, says it the show is popular it adds to the pressure on the actors.
"The pressure does build when the TRP goes up. It`s everyone`s joint effort and not one actor`s work. Even if I am performing with a veteran actress and I do something wrong, the whole scene will go wrong. So it is everyone`s responsibility," he said.
TV shows spells stress, but not for Ssumier.
"We do have to sacrifice our social life to an extent. My friends get upset if I don`t spend time with them. But after the shoot, we do go out as long as the next day`s shoot is not affected. It`s the responsibility of an actor to strike a balance," he said.
Having theatre background of almost 20 years has helped him a lot.
"If I hadn`t done theatre, it would have been tough for me to react in scenes. Acting is not just speaking, but it is also reacting to what the other person is saying. The reactions can create a big difference. My theatre background has helped me a lot," he said.
He is still open to act in plays and said that he is into "character actors". "So, it all depends on that. If TV gives me that satisfaction, I am happy with it. I am good with TV, theatre and films," he added.
Ssumier is in talks for new projects and said: "I have been getting calls and talking to few people. Till anything finalises I can`t say. But yes, things are coming ahead."
Ssumier debuted in films with ‘Hum Tum Shabana’ alongside Tusshar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, and Minissha Lamba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acclaimed poet-lyricist Nida Fazli no more
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Aww...Aditya Roy Kapur gifts Katrina Kaif truck full of roses!
- Super Bowl madness: Watch Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Chris Martin's dance off sets the stage on fire!
- Irrfan Khan gets miffed with Shah Rukh Khan – Watch
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Miley Cyrus tapped as 'key adviser' for 'The Voice'
- When Salman Khan visited Katrina Kaif on the sets of ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’
- Krushna Abhishek breaks his silence on replacing Kapil Sharma